Web Application & API Protection (WAAP)
Web applications and APIs are accessible via the public Internet and provide access to sensitive data, making them a main target for attackers. Traditional security solutions cannot effectively protect these applications, making WAAP a must. Protect your applications and APIs against threats and fraud, help ensure availability and compliance.
Protect against existing and emerging threats
WAAP anywhere, for less
EdgeWatch Bastion WAAP key features:
- Next-Generation Web Application Firewall (Next-Gen WAF) protects and monitors web applications from a broad spectrum of attacks at the point where they are deployed—the application layer. A next-gen WAF differs from a traditional WAF in that it uses behavioral analysis and artificial intelligence (AI) to block attacks without relying solely on known attack patterns and manual security rules.
- Runtime Application Self-Protection (RASP) embedded in the application runtime domain, this offers real-time attack defense for APIs and web applications.
- Malicious bot protection isolates and stops attacks from suspicious bots while permitting safe bot traffic to reach the application.
- Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) Protection—safeguards against DDoS attacks targeted at applications, APIs and microservices, at the application and network layers. Able to scale up to defend against massive-scale attacks.
- Advanced rate limiting safeguards against abusive activity at the application level which adversely influences website and API performance.
- Protection for microservices and APIs places security within the microservice, application, or serverless function to produce a context and data-aware micro perimeter around all individual services.
- Account takeover protection—safeguards against cybercriminals using compromised credentials from data dumps and password lists. Detects unauthorized access to customer accounts via authentication APIs or an application’s customer-facing authentication process.